OSGi Service Testing

Hi @juergen-albert

I’ve consulted the documentation about LaunchPad. Frankly I find this documentation very confusing because it talks a lot about how the bndtooling works, and not nearly enough about how to configure the environment (at workspace and project level) to get to a working bndtools/junit/launchpad test environment.

My initial use case is for CI testing this etcd3-java provider: GitHub - ECF/etcd3-discovery-provider: ECF Remote Services Discovery Provider based upon Etcd

I’ve looked for example launchpad config (using R8 repos) and haven’t found one other than bndtools itself, which is far too complicated an environment to use for my etcd3 discovery provider.

FWIW, it would be very nice to have…as part of the bndtools.workspace.min workspace template, some project templates that have all the workspace and project config setup for Launchpad-based testing scenarios. If this already exists somewhere please point me at it.

If it doesn’t exist in 7.1, I would appreciate any pointers to workspace/projects that are a) based upon latest Launchpad code and infrastructure (e.g. R8) versions of supporting libraries and bundles (as is already the case in my etcd3 provider). I will attempt to copy the config.

Thanks.

Scott